Make lasting memories this Labor Day weekend with a host of activities that’ll put you in the middle of all the fun in Gulf Shores and Orange Beach. With miles of white-sand beaches hugging the waters of the Gulf of Mexico, there are plenty of places for swimming, sunbathing and sandcastle building. When you’re not on the beach, check out these Alabama Gulf Coast events. Browse our calendar for more things to do while on your Labor Day getaway.
• 47th Annual 2014 MBGFC Labor Day Invitational, Aug. 29-Sept. 1, Orange Beach Marina
• Shiny Objects, Aug. 29, 5 p.m., Lulu’s, Gulf Shores
• Bloody Mary 5K Run /Walk & 1 Mile Fun Run, Aug. 30, 8-10 a.m., Tacky Jacks, Gulf Shores
• End of Summer Splash with SPECTRA light shows, Aug. 31, 10 a.m.-10 p.m., The Wharf, Orange Beach
• Free Kip Moore Concert, Aug. 31, 7 p.m., The Wharf, Orange Beach
• The Velcro Pygmies, Aug. 31, 10 p.m., Live Bait, Orange Beach
• Brent Burns, Sept. 1, 5-9 p.m., Lulu’s, Gulf Shores
After a full day of fun, open the windows, fall into your bed and listen to the waves dance against the shoreline. Get ready to do it all over again the next day as you experience a whole different state of holiday weekend on Alabama’s white-sand beaches.